CHILDREN ARE OUR FOCUS
We recognise that home, community, relationships and self-concept all influence learning.
We are committed to the following.
- Fostering each child’s intellectual, social, emotional, physical and creative development.
- Assisting every child to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes appropriate to their age and level of development, to enable them to continue their learning for adult life and employment.
- Recognising and assisting in the continuing development of each child’s unique qualities.
- Providing each child – irrespectively of gender, cultural or social-economic background, disabilities, learning styles and beliefs – with access to resources and curriculum to provide equal opportunity to succeed.
- Providing opportunities for each child to continue in the pursuit of their personal excellence.
- Building on prior experiences and developing an understanding of learning as a life-long process.
- Children accepting increased responsibility for their own learning to become independent, self motivated learners.
- Encouraging each child to make a positive contribution to the community by providing them with the necessary skills to communicate and interact with a range of people, in a variety of situations.
- Acknowledging parents, caregivers, teachers and the wider community, as valuable resources available to a child in the learning process and involving the in the learning programs.
- Developing a climate, which considers the needs of all school community members, based on openness, respect, trust, honesty and responsibility.
- Identifying school priorities and implementing a Site Learning Plan which meets the needs of our school community. Developing an effective professional development program to support excellence in teaching and learning and the implementation of the school priorities.